Tuesday 23 March 2010

Misinterpretating you

Isn't it a shame we spend our lives misinterpreting loving actions carried out by those around us? Stop pestering me. It doesn't matter what I am doing. I am occupied and I don't have time for you. I don't see the concern, the care. I misinterpret it as intrusive prying. Informal snooping. I am too important to answer your questions. Take them somewhere else or ask me when I am not so busy. I don't have time for you right now. Stop. Hold it. Take a look at yourself. Why are you behaving like this? Acknowledge the love you are being shown. Acknowledge the kindness. The hurt you will create with your heavy-handed response. You are being insensitive. You are being selfish. Look at the bigger picture. Wouldn't it be worse if nobody bothered to ask how you were feeling? To check you were alive? To sympathetically enquire about your whereabouts. She just wants to know that you are not drowning in your burden of 'self-important' immersions.

Those dearest to us suffer most.

No comments:

Post a Comment