Tuesday 10 August 2010

I guess what it comes down to...

I guess what it comes down to is this: do you trust your instinct, your intuition, that feeling in the depths of your stomach that says, if this is my decision then I know everything will be alright? It took me a long time to trust my first urge to act in a particular way when faced with a dilemma, internal or external. Those questions blew in thick and thin and I never realised that it was I, it was me who had the choice. Just because somebody else was pushing me in one direction did not mean I had to acquiesce. I did not have to cooperate reluctantly, sidelining my anger and resentment elsewhere. I had the choice. If I inherently came to the conclusion that I did not agree, that I was not comfortable, not happy - emotionally or morally - then I did not have to submit to somebody else's choice. But your interpretation might be different - you may see it as perverse and obstinate, pig-headed and irrational. Whatever, that is your choice, your personal interpretation. I simply think I am trusting my instincts and listening to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment