Friday 27 August 2010

The Mask

It is easy to be faceless. Faceless is a career. Faceless is an aim, an achievement. It is a divine right to be faceless. Faceless and nameless. Wouldn't that be nice? Wandering around aimlessly getting into all sorts of dangerous predicaments, but don't worry because if you are faceless then you are also blameless. Faceless is an aim. Make a career out of it. Don't take any responsibility for yourself or even those your faceless thoughtless aimless actions affect. Faceless is blameless isn't it. That is what you said. Do you really believe that? I don't see how you can. You are not an idiot. But you are faceless. You are wearing a mask. I wonder what is underneath that mask. I bet it is pain and I bet it is suffering and I imagine there is anger, guilt and regret under that mask too. Take it off. Face me and look me in the eye. I want to see you. I want to see the person your actions have hurt the most. I am looking at you.

Looking yourself in the eye in a mirror is one of the hardest things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment